Frequently Asked Questions
A: The Specifications for levels 01-5 and for FLES are available on this web site. Reviewing these specifications and practicing with previous contests will help both teachers and students prepare for the coming event. A sample of the test levels is located here. Complete review is included in student Contest registration.
A: Since students have varying background and experience, we have designated the following Divisions:
- Division A is designed, en principe, for students who begin their study of French in American secondary schools without any significant prior French experience.
- Division B is for students with some prior or outside experience with French.
- Division C is designed for students whose French background is more extensive than students in Division B (i.e. native speakers).
- Division D is designed for students who have just started a new level of French at Contest time (and who won't complete it before the end of the school year.)
- Division E is for students not currently taking French.
For complete details see the 01-5 enrollment guidelines.
A: The following fees represent the National expenses, basic test development and computer hosting; administrative costs; publicity; and prizes. Chapters normally add a charge to these fees to support local Contest expenses.
Page Created: January 17, 2024
Last Updated: January 26, 2024