AATF Future Leaders Fellowship Program
The Future Leaders Program was created to identify promising young leaders and to bring them together at the annual convention for them to learn more about the association. Fellows are nominated by their local chapter and agree to serve in a chapter leadership role.
2024 Leadership Academy Program
When: July 5-6, 2024
Where: Wyndham San Diego Bayside, San Diego, CA
- July 5 or earlier: Arrival in San Diego, leadership sessions (afternoon) dinner with the Leadership Academy participants and director
- July 6: Breakfast/Lunch/Leadership Sessions
- July 7: Introduction of fellows at Opening Session of the convention
- July 7-10: Fellows attend entire convention.
- There may be virtual session before and/or after the convention.
Each AATF chapter may nominate one candidate who has been a member for at least three consecutive years and is willing to serve as a chapter officer in the future. The chapter must be willing to contribute to the cost of lodging (double occupancy) and meals for the candidate. Chapters should budget approximately $200-$400, the exact amount to be determined by the size of the chapter and chapter resources. The amount should be specified to the candidate and National Headquarters in writing. The application form can be found here.
Each candidate should address in detail the following topics: (1) Describe your past and current involvement with the AATF; (2) Describe the ways in which you would like to provide leadership within your AATF chapter or at the national level; and (3) Describe why your participation in this program would be valuable to you and to your AATF chapter.
January 15, 2024 or until filled: There will be a maximum of 10 participants accepted for 2024. Please apply early if interested.
Announcement of fellows selected as applications are approved
Requirements for Applicants:
- Must be willing to attend the entire AATF convention in San Diego
- Must have been a member of AATF for at least three years.
- Must be willing to join the board of the local AATF chapter and serve as an officer at a later date or be currently serving as a chapter officer.
- Must write an article for a state newsletter and present a session at a state conference.
The AATF will waive the cost of registration for the San Diego convention and will reimburse each participant $500 to cover the cost of lodging and other expenses. Meals will be provided on the leadership seminar days. Chapter are expected to contribute as well.
Participants will be expected to pay for non-registration related expenses such as excursions and meals. The cost of meals during the one-day Leadership Program will also be covered by the AATF. Direct any questions to Janel Lafond-Paquin via e-mail.