Middle School French Teacher for 24-25 (Los Angeles, CA)
Location: Los Angeles, CA
School Name: Harvard-Westlake School
Status: Full Time
Level: Middle School
Contact: Reach out to Pat Nolte
We’re looking for a highly qualified educator for a French teaching position in the World Languages Department at the Middle School (grades 7-9). Do you have a demonstrated ability to deliver rich and effective lessons that include listening, speaking, reading, and writing to a diverse group of students, likely including those with varying levels of exposure to French? We’re looking for someone who can facilitate classroom discussions in the target language to enhance students' social and academic language skills. Plus, a willingness to work as part of a vertically aligned team is essential, as we strive to ensure a smooth transition for students between middle school levels and between divisions. The position will most likely consist of five classes at multiple levels, including Advanced French 3.
What we’re looking for:
- Bachelor's degree or foreign equivalent degree in French, Education, Linguistics or related field.
- Fluency in French.
- Experience teaching beginning, intermediate, and advanced French as a second language in a school classroom environment.
- Demonstrated collegiality, collaboration, and organization.
- Ability to communicate concepts clearly and concisely to students of all learning styles.
- Ability to cultivate an innovative and creative learning environment that upholds the School’s standards for diversity, equity, and inclusion;
- Eagerness to become part of our vibrant school community, broadly engaging with students and colleagues, and attending events outside their particular field of study.
We are an independent school consisting of two campuses located in Los Angeles, California. We have approximately 1,600 curious, thoughtful, and inspiring students enrolled in grades seven through twelve. We are committed to creating a community of belonging and actively strive to be a diverse and inclusive community. We do not discriminate on any basis. We seek candidates who demonstrate sensitivity, knowledge, and understanding of the diverse backgrounds of community members; have the ability to work flexibly, independently, and collaboratively in a fast-paced environment with individuals from a diverse set of backgrounds; and have the capacity to serve as a model of openness, generosity, and acceptance.
Compensation: Anticipated base compensation is $80,000 - $100,000 depending on experience. The position will begin in August 2024.
Great benefits we offer:
- Top-tier medical, dental, and vision coverage with zero to low premium contributions for you and eligible dependents
- 403(b) Retirement with a 10% match and immediate vesting
- Cafeteria allowance – lunch is on us!
- Professional development support including continuing education. ● Personal Growth Grants
- Relocation Assistance
- Employee Affinity and Resource Groups
- Mental wellness resources and workshops
- Partially subsidized employee housing (subject to availability)
- Tickets to local sporting and entertainment events
- Discount at the school bookstore (get your HW swag!)